Riverdale Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Riverdale is a city known for its Southern hospitality. Home to more than 15,000 people, the city is located conveniently close to attractions like the Clayton County International Park, Clayton County Visitor Center, Riverdale Center, and the Atlanta State Farmers Market.
The open roads of Riverdale and the beautiful scenery in the region can be enticing for motorcyclists. As exciting as it can be, riding a motorcycle can also be risky. Every year, thousands of motorcycle accidents are reported in the Atlanta metropolitan area, which includes Riverdale.
If you have been injured or have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident in Riverdale, you might be entitled to monetary damages. The prolific and focused Riverdale, GA motorcycle accident lawyers at Fox Injury Law can investigate your case, hold the at-fault parties accountable, and fight hard to recover the maximum amount of damages possible.
Contact us today to discuss your claim with a seasoned Riverdale motorcycle accident attorney from our firm.
What Makes Motorcycle Accidents More Dangerous Than Car Accidents?
Motorcycles are less stable than cars and can skid uncontrollably – causing the rider and the passenger to fall off. It is one of the reasons why riding a motorcycle is so much more dangerous than driving a car – especially in bad weather conditions.
More importantly, motorcycles do not have any kind of safety features built in to protect the rider or the passenger. In the event of a collision with a stationary object or a vehicle, both the rider and the passenger are at risk of getting thrown off the motorcycle, which can be deadly.
It is why, in the event of a collision, a motorcyclist is 4 times more likely to suffer a serious injury and 28 times more likely to sustain a fatal injury compared to a passenger vehicle occupant.
Dangerous Intersections for Motorcyclists in Riverdale, GA
- The intersection of GA 138 and West Fayetteville Road.
- The intersection of GA 85 and Valley Hill Road.
- The intersection of GA 85 and Lamar Hutchinson Parkway.
Types of Injuries Resulting from a Riverdale Motorcycle Accident
Depending on the circumstances, the injuries resulting from a motorcycle accident can range from road rash to ligament tears, broken bones, crush injuries, limb loss, internal organ damage, nerve damage, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experts say that the single most effective step a motorcyclist can take to lower their risk of fatal injuries in the event of an accident is to wear a helmet. Data shows that wearing a helmet can lower the risk of fatal injuries by 37% for riders and 41% for passengers.
Safety Tips Motorcyclists Can Follow to Protect Themselves and Reduce the Risk of Accidents
While it is not possible to entirely prevent accidents, especially accidents that are caused by someone else’s negligence, you can reduce the risk of accidents and ensure your safety to a great extent by following the steps given below.
- Wear a helmet.
- Wear eye-protective goggles.
- Wear gloves and boots.
- Inspect your motorcycle’s brakes, clutch and throttle, headlight, turn signals, taillights, fluid levels, tire pressure, and horn before you go riding.
- Obey traffic laws.
- Avoid riding too close to other vehicles.
- Avoid the blind spots of larger vehicles – particularly commercial trucks.
- Always take weather conditions into account and make sure you are not riding too fast for the conditions.
- Stay alert and ride defensively at intersections.
- Do not carry any item that can prevent you from keeping both your hands on the handlebars.
- Do not drink and ride.
- Keep your eyes on the road and avoid talking to the passenger while you are riding.
Steps to Take after a Motorcycle Accident in Riverdale, GA
- Get to a safe place and call 911.
- Get the at-fault driver’s license and insurance details.
- Find out if anyone at the accident scene witnessed what happened and get their name and contact information.
- Take pictures of your injuries, the damage to your motorcycle, torn clothes, skid marks on the road, damage to the at-fault driver’s vehicle, and landmarks in and around the accident scene. If you are too disoriented to take pictures, ask someone else to take them for you using your smartphone.
- Get to the hospital and seek medical attention as soon as possible. Make sure you report all injuries and symptoms to the doctor – no matter how minor you think they are. Preserve all the prescriptions and other medical records.
- Contact Fox Injury Law and schedule a free consultation with a Riverdale motorcycle accident attorney.
- Do not talk to anyone from the at-fault party’s insurance company. If they ask you for a recorded statement or ask you to sign something, ask them to contact your lawyer.
- Make sure you continue treatment for your injuries and follow your doctor’s instructions carefully.
- Stay away from social media and avoid attending parties and other social gatherings if possible until your claim is resolved.
Recoverable Damages in a Riverdale Motorcycle Accident Claim
As the victim of a motorcycle accident, you have the right to recover economic damages (which include medical expenses, rehabilitation and therapy, lost earnings, loss of earning capacity, and property damage) as well as non-economic damages (which include pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of consortium, and loss of enjoyment of life).
If you have lost someone in your family in a motorcycle accident, you can file two types of wrongful death claims and recover compensation.
The first is the estate claim, which allows you to recover compensation for the expenses associated with your loved one’s treatment until their death, pain and suffering endured by your loved one prior to their death, and funeral expenses.
The second is the full value of life claim, which allows you to recover compensation for the loss of future earnings, loss of consortium, loss of companionship, and emotional distress caused by your loved one’s death.
Talk to Our Seasoned Riverdale, GA Motorcycle Accident Lawyers to Discuss a Winning Legal Strategy
At Fox Injury Law, we are committed to providing strong, personalized legal representation to victims of motorcycle accidents in Riverdale. Our lawyers have an established track record of success in handling motorcycle accident claims and have the legal skills and resources to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Call our firm today to schedule a free consultation and case assessment with one of our attorneys.