East Point, GA Auto Accident Lawyers
East Point is known for its beautiful neighborhoods, tree-lined streets, and historically significant local attractions. It combines the charm and sense of community of a small town with the convenience and amenities of a big city – though without all of the crime problems in cities like Atlanta or Chicago.
East Point along with the rest of Fulton County is part of the metropolitan Atlanta area, which is one of the busiest areas in the state in terms of traffic. As a result, auto accidents are a common occurrence in the area.
Data from the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety (GOHS) shows that in 2020, a total of 145 people were killed in traffic crashes in Fulton County. Between 2016 and 2020, a total of 665 people were killed in traffic crashes.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in East Point, you have the legal right to sue the party that caused the accident and recover monetary damages. The East Point auto accident lawyers at Fox Injury Law can represent you, provide you with the support, legal advice, and guidance you need, and fight tirelessly to recover the damages you are legally entitled to. We can take the legal burden off your shoulders and allow you to focus on what is important to you – your health.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents in East Point, GA
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Driving too fast for the conditions
- Making unsafe turns and lane changes
- Not yielding the right of way to other vehicles
- Running red lights
- Mechanical defects in vehicles
Common Injuries That Can Result from Auto Accidents
- Cuts and lacerations
- Torn ligaments
- Herniated and ruptured discs
- Bone fractures
- Crush injuries
- Traumatic amputation
- Damage to internal organs
- Neck and back injuries
- Injuries to shoulders, chest, and ribs
- Injuries to the pelvic region
- Leg injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Following an auto accident, you can get the medical help you need at Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center South in East Point. Apart from this, there are several other hospitals in the metropolitan Atlanta area where you can get treated for your injuries. These include the Emory University Hospital Midtown, Grady Memorial Hospital, and Piedmont Hospital.
Mental Health Issues That Can Be Caused by Auto Accidents
The traumatizing nature of an auto accident can affect you on a psychological level and cause you to develop mental health issues that can make it harder for you to lead a normal life. Data shows that nearly one-third of auto accident victims tend to develop mental health issues following the accident.
These may include conditions, such as (a) Depression; (b) Persistent anxiety; (c) Post-traumatic stress disorder; (d) Phobias; (e) Mood disorders; and (f) Memory loss. Depending on the extent of psychological trauma caused by the accident, you might need several weeks, months, or even years of therapy to fully recover.
Damages You Can Recover in an East Point Auto Accident Claim
- Medical expenses
- Cost of future medical treatment (if your injuries are not fully healed by the time your claim is settled and if you still need treatment)
- Cost of rehabilitation
- Cost of therapy
- Cost of repairing your vehicle and other items damaged in the accident
- Lost earnings
- Loss of future earnings (due to a physical or cognitive impairment that affects your earning capacity)
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
In addition to this, if your injuries affect your marital relationship with your spouse, your spouse can bring a loss of consortium claim against the at-fault party and seek compensation for the loss of love, affection, and care caused by your disability.
Apart from this, if it is found that the at-fault party acted with malicious intent, callous disregard for the safety of others, or if there was an element of fraud or oppression involved, you might be awarded punitive damages as well.
How Our East Point Auto Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Once you choose our law firm to represent you, we will take a number of steps to make sure you get justice and the monetary damages you deserve. These include:
- Investigating the accident to identify who can be held liable
- Collecting all the evidence needed to establish the fault and extent of liability of the defendant
- Getting an expert opinion from medical professionals, accident reconstruction specialists, automotive experts, forensic economists, vocational experts, and others to build your case and to assess the severity of your injuries and the extent of your financial losses
- Providing a letter of protection to the healthcare provider to make sure you get the treatment you need without having to pay for it right away
- Determining the amount of compensation you can seek from the defendant
- Communicating with your own insurance provider and the defendant’s insurance provider on your behalf
- Putting together a strong case against the defendant
- Negotiating with the defendant’s insurance company for a settlement
In most cases, when the insurer realizes we are fully prepared to go to trial, they are more willing to make a fair settlement in favor of our clients. But rarely, if a negotiated settlement is not possible, we can take your case to trial, and present compelling evidence to recover the maximum amount of damages possible.
Legal Help Is Available from Our Experienced College Park Auto Accident Lawyers
The financial burden caused by an auto accident can be too much to bear for you. It’s why you need a capable and experienced personal injury lawyer who can fight tenaciously to get the settlement you deserve.
At Fox Injury Law, we have a team of highly accomplished lawyers who have represented several auto accident victims over the years and have a track record of recovering substantial monetary damages.
We are ready to take your case on a contingency basis so that you do not have to pay us anything upfront. We get compensated only if we recover compensation for you!
Call us today for your no cost consultation with one of our East Point auto accident attorneys. Our number is (404) 777-7778. And remember, you don’t pay us a dime, unless we win your case for you!